• 3 cups (750mL) Quebec strawberries, cut in two or sliced
• 2 cups (500mL) Quebec rhubarb, cut in 1’’ (2.5 cm) thick slices
• ¾ cup (175mL) granulated sugar
• ¼ cup (60mL) corn starch
• 1 egg, lightly beaten
1. Thaw the short crust pastry ahead of time by leaving it a room temperature for about 1h.
2. Preheat oven to 450F and put rack at the bottom of the oven.
3. Mix the strawberries and the rhubarb in a big bowl.
4. In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch with the sugar, sprinkle on the fruits and mix delicately.
5. Add the lightly beaten egg to the fruits and mix.
6. Unroll a pastry round in a 9” pie dish.
7. Pour the fruits into the pastry.
8. Cover with the other pastry round and pinch the edges together to form the crust.
9. Cut an opening in the center of the pie to allow steam to escape.
10. Put on a baking tray and bake in the oven on the lower shelf for 15 minutes.
11. Lower the oven heat to 350F and keep baking for 35-40 minutes or until the pie is golden and the garnish is bubbling.
12. Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream if desired.