- 1 package of coconut breaded shrimp
- 70g Ocean Wise Certified Smoked Rainbow Trout
- 125mL (½ cup) Shelled Edamame
- 375mL (1 ½ cup) uncooked basmati rice
- Zest of 1 lime
- 250mL (1 cup) red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper cut into thin strips
- ½ English cucumber, cut in spirals or half-rounds (if you don't have spiral cutters)
- 1 mango, cut into small cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds (optional - for decoration)
Green vinaigrette :
o 250mL (1 cup) plain yogurt
o 30mL (2 tablespoons) coarsely chopped chives
o 60mL (¼ cup) coarsely chopped parsley
o 170mL (2/3 cup) coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
o 1 small clove of garlico
o 1mL (¼ tsp) salt
o Black pepper, to taste
1. Defrost smoked trout beforehand according to the instructions on the package.
2. Preheat oven to 200F.
3. Remove the coconut shrimp from their packaging and place them on a baking tray lined with a silicone or parchment paper cooking mat. Bake in the oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
4. Make small rolls with the slices of smoked trout. Set aside.
5. Cook rice according to package instructions and let stand 5-10 minutes.
6. Grain the rice with a fork and mix with the lime zest, add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Meanwhile, bring water to the boil in a small pot and boil the edamame for 5 minutes, drain and set aside.
8. Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette in a blender and purée smooth.
9. Serve the rice in deep bowls, then garnish with the vegetables, mango, shrimp, trout, edamame and drizzle with the vinaigrette.
10. Sprinkle with sesame seeds to taste and enjoy!