• 190mL (3/4 cup) pizza sauce
• 24 small slices of pepperoni, salami or sausage (to taste)
• 250mL (1 cup) mozzarella cheese, grated
• 1 mushroom, or a piece of zucchini, or cheese (for the eyes)
• Some black olives (for the eyes)
1. Defrost puff pastry according to the instructions on the package beforehand.
2. Preheat the oven to 400F and place the rack in the center of the oven.
3. Unroll puff pastry rounds on their parchment paper.
4. Using a knife or pizza wheel, cut the rounds into 4.
5. Spread each triangle with pizza sauce.
6. Arrange the small pepperoni slices in the center of each triangle, leaving about 1" of dough free at the tip of the triangle.
7. Sprinkle the cheese over the pepperoni.
8. Fold in the tips of the triangles.
9. Cut strips about 1 cm wide on each side of the pepperoni.
10. Fold the strips crosswise, and leave a space for the eyes in the top of the mummy.
11. Slide the parchment paper with the mummies onto a baking sheet and bake for 20-22 minutes or until golden brown.
12. In the meantime, cut small rounds from a mushroom, zucchini or cheese slice.
13. Cut small slices of black olives and cut them into small pieces.
14. When the mummies are ready, take them out of the oven, place the small white circles in the space provided for the eyes and garnish with small pieces of olives to make the pupils.
15. Serve with raw vegetables or a green salad.
16. Bon appétit!