• 227 g herb & garlic cream cheese
• 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten
1. Previously thaw the puff pastry and smoked trout according to instructions on packagings.
2. Preheat oven to 400F.
3. Unroll puff pastry, with its parchment paper, on a baking sheet.
4. Spread cream cheese generously and cover with smoked trout.
5. Unroll the 2nd puff pastry, remove parchment paper and cover the other puff pastry.
6. With a sharp knife, cut the shape of a Christmas tree into the puff pastry and cut leftover pastry into stars (using a cookie cutter or a knife) or roll into little croissants.
7. Cut horizontal strips of about 1" (2 cm) in the tree to make the branches, keeping about 2" wide in the middle for the trunk.
8. Twist every branch.
9. In a small bowl, whisk the egg yolk, then use it to brush the tree with a small brush.
10. Bake in middle of oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.