• 796mL canned pumpkin puree
•60mL (¼ cup) maple syrup
• 60mL (¼ cup) cane sugar or brown sugar
• 80mL (1/3 cup) milk or unsweetened vegetable milk
• 15mL (1 tablespoon) vegetable oil
• 40mL (2 ½ tablespoons) cornstarch
• 10mL (2 tsp) pumpkin spice blend (or a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, clove and ginger)
• 1mL (¼ tsp) salt
1. Defrost shortcrust pastry beforehand according to package directions.
2. Preheat the oven to 350F and place the rack at the bottom of the oven.
3. Line a 12-inch pie dish with the pastry crust and pinch the edges to form the crust. Set aside in the refrigerator.
4. In a blender, place all the other ingredients and reduce to a smooth puree.
5. Pour the pumpkin filling into the pie shell and smooth the top with a spatula or spoon.
6. Bake for 60-65 minutes or until crust is golden brown. The filling will be cracked and not quite taken.
7. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate for at least 4-6 hours to let it set.
8. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a spoonful of vanilla bean whipped cream.
9. Bon appétit!